At TSE, engineering is a process of continuous product improvement; therefore, specifications are subject to change without notice.
• Proven hydrostatic pulling and tensioning system with
a hydraulic oil cooler.
• 27 HP water-cooled diesel engine.
• Reel capacity up to 72” diameter, 54” wide and 6,000 lbs.
• Tandem axle with leaf spring suspension.
• Infinitely variable linespeed and linepull control.
• Free wheeling disconnect for high speed rope pull out.
• Spring applied-hydraulic pressure released holding brake.
• Central operator’s position for maximum safety and
• Operator's seat with horizontal and vertical adjustments.
• Quick change reel shaft with straight vertical lift.
• Engraved operator's console.
• Bronze overspin payout brake (mechanical or hydraulic).
• Hydraulic overhead levelwind.
• Combination overhead/underground levelwind.
• Mechanical drop-leg rear jacks.
• Hydraulic front jack.
• 4440 heavy duty pulling drum.
• 4852 Heavy duty pulling drum.
• Underground pulling drum.
• BR6030 Breakaway reel.
DPT-30B PULLER / TENSIONER
The TSE Model DPT30B is a drum puller designed for the
installation of distribution conductors. The reel drive
incorporates the latest in hydrostatic transmissions that allow
the operator to infinitely vary the linespeed and linepull for
safe, positive control during the pulling operation. The
maximum desired linepull can be preset prior to pulling so
that the reel drive will stall if a restriction to the line occurs,
avoiding damage to the conductor, towers, and hardware. In
the tensioning mode, the hydraulic system permits the line
to be pulled at a steady and controlled tension with
automatic pull back to keep the conductor suspended if the
pulling force is reduced. The central operator's console
allows the operator to completely control the pulling operation
with optimum visibilty of the pulling rope. Operator controls
include linepull, linespeed, holding brake, levelwind and