E X P E R
E N C E
T H E
P O W E R
I G H T
L I T O N • L U M E N T O N • D A L U M E
COMMERCIAL & RETAIL APPLICATION ENERGY EFFICIENT SOLUTIONS.
AMBIENT LIGHTING • ACCENT LIGHTING
PERIMETER/WALL WASH LIGHTING • DISPLAY/COVE LIGHTING
TOP 5 Lighting DO’s:
1. Place light source as close as
aesthetically possible to object.
2. For accent lighting, use narrow beam
spotlights to maximize lumen “potency”
and minimize wasted stray light.
3. Use the fewest types of lamps, reducing
relamping mistakes and maintenance
headaches. For example only: 39W
Metal Halide PAR or T6 lamps for track
4. Use lower levels of ambient lighting
to decrease required watts of accent
5. Use high color rendering lamps for both
ambient and task lighting.
TOP 5 Lighting DON’T’s:
1. Don’t use incandescent or fluorescent
lights for everything.
2. Don’t use track lighting for everything
rather than fixed locations.
3. Don’t accent everything, causing you
to place emphasis on nothing in
4. Don’t forget about ambient lighting;
the layout will look “spotty” and cause
objects to appear unattractive.
5. Don’t be forced into an extremely
expensive budget. Proper energy efficient
lighting doesn’t have to be explosive
in cost. Some manufacturers take
advantage of the energy efficiency
With tighter budgets, raised electrical utility
costs and local energy codes, proper lighting has
never been more crucial to the design layout.
More importantly without proper lighting,
architectural elements and commercial space
can be washed out. Below you will find some
helpful hints to properly illuminate your space
while learning how to keep operating costs
down with new revolutionary lamp technologies
Ideal for light accent display and cove lighting, LED lighting
comes in a variety of colors and fixture types. Benefits