Multiple Choice Questions–
Each question has four choices. Choose most appropriate choice of the answer.
1. An embedded system must have (a) hard disk (b) processor and memory (c)
operating system (d) processor and input-output unit(s).
2. An embedded system hardware can (a) have microprocessor or microcontroller or
single purpose processor (b) have digital signal processor (c) one or several
microprocessor or microcontroller or digital signal processor or single purpose
processors (d) not have single purpose processor (s).
3. An embedded system has RAM memory (a) for storing the variables during program
run, stack and input or output buffers, for example, for speech or image (b) for storing all the
instructions and data (c) for storing the programs from external secondary memory (d) for
fetching instructions and data into cache(s).
4. A system might be connected to a number of other devices and systems. (i) A bus
consists of a common set of lines to connect multiple devices, hardware units and
systems (ii) A bus is used for communication between two of these at any given
instance. (iii) A bus is used for communication between all of these at the same
instance (iv) A bus may be serial bus or parallel bus to transfer one bit or multiple
data bits at an instance, respectively.
(a) i, ii and iv correct (b) iii correct (c) iii and iv correct (d) all are correct.
5. A system must have an interrupt handling mechanism for executing the interrupt
service routines in case of the interrupts from (a) physical devices (b) interfaced
circuits or systems, software interrupt instructions and software exceptions (c)
physical devices or interfaced circuits or systems (d) physical devices or interfaced
circuits or systems, software interrupt instructions and software exceptions.
6. (i) Final machine implementable software for a product embeds in the ROM (or
PROM) as an image at a frame. Bytes at each address must be defined for creating the
ROM image. (ii) Si