Athomas M. Goldberg
6501 Snake Road, Oakland, CA 94611 Phone: (510) 338-0221 E-mail:email@example.com
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Santa Clara, CA
Game Technologies Group Leader & Program Manager
Responsible for developing and managing Sun's strategy for the Mobile, PC and
Console Games industry. Currently coordinating cross-company resources in several
large scale engagements with game developers, platform providers and wireless and
broadband carriers to deliver next generation server-side platforms for cross-device,
2/1999 – 12/2002
New York, NY
President & Chief Technology Officer
Managed company of 40 people in product development, sales & marketing, operations
and business development and sat on Board of Directors. Developed software
architecture and core APIs for Improv’s product line. Identified current and future
opportunities for technology across vertical markets. Built management team. Worked
with business development and Board of Directors to raise private equity financing.
- Designed and developed the architecture and core APIs for Cirquet™, a java-based
peer-to-peer distributed computing framework, described by CRN Test Center as,
“one distributed Web services platform with the features and architecture to
challenge Microsoft's .Net”
Designed and developed the Orchestrate3D non-linear animation production
system, winner of Computer Graphics World’s 2000 Innovation Award.
- Developed real-time animation layering and blending technology for the
Catalyst™ game engine used in the port of Jedi Knight II: Outcast™ to the
Microsoft XBox™ and Nintendo Gamecube™.
- Worked directly with business development to create business plan and raise over
$8 million in private equity financing.
- Worked directly with sales & marketing in the development of Improv’s brand
strategy and marketing materials.
- Negotiated license agreement for animation technology with New York University.