How to Clear Paper Jam on
HP 9000 Series Printers
While we send a print command, the printer stops
feeding pages and the control panel shows a "Paper
Jam" error. This means that paper is jammed inside the
printer. So follow the solution below to fix HP Officejet
Pro 8710 paper jam error but no paper jam.
NOTE: Paper jams can be real or false. The printer might
report a paper jam even when there is no jammed
paper. The following steps apply to both real and false
[Fix-1] Clear Paper Jam From Input Tray
• Raise the output tray and next pull the input tray
towards you for opening.
• Press the both-sided button on the input tray and
eject the input tray.
• Examine the gap where the input tray was. Grasp
any jammed paper in the gap with both hands and
remove it. Check for any jammed paper or scraps
• Embed the input tray back to the printer.
• Now try to print any document, if the error
remains, then remove the paper jam from another
area of the printer.
[Fix-2] Remove Paper Jam From Cartridge Access Area
• Firstly, turn off your printer and eject the power
cable from the rear side of the printer.
• Now open the ink cartridge access door.
• Next, remove the paper path cover.
• Look for any jammed paper inside the printer.
Eject any jammed paper with both hands.
• With the help of fingers, raise the flip gate on the
• Look for any jammed paper underneath the flip
gate. Remove it if you found any.
• Now press the flip gate down to its position and
then reinsert the paper path cover.
• Close the ink cartridge access door.
• Make connections to the printer and then turn it
• Try to print a document if the problem persists,
then follow the next solution.
[Fix-3] Clear Paper Jam From Automatic Document
• Raise the cover of ADF.
• Lift tab on the front edge of the ADF.
• Remove any jammed paper from the rollers.
• Now close the ADF cover tightly from both ends.