<p>Setting up a New Google Account and Accessing Google Docs
A free Google account has access to Docs, an online document, spreadsheet and presentation area
similar to the desktop version of Microsoft Office. If you do not currently have a Google account,
follow these simple steps to create one.
1. Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari) and type in Google’s
homepage, http://www.google.com/ into the address bar. In the upper right hand corner, click
2. The Google Account sign in page appears. Click the Sign in link at the top right of the window
followed by clicking the Sign up for a new Google Account at the next window.
These accounts can be connected with any email address, whether distributed by the
school or created solely for accessing Google Apps.
Whichever email address you use, you'll need to create a Google Account using this
address. A Google Account allows you to use the same email/password for all Google
services. Note that Gmail addresses come with built in Google Accounts.
3. At the next window, fill in the information requested to create a new Google account. Follow
the steps on the screen to verify your account once it is created. After the process is complete,
sign in to your new Google account.
4. When you are signed in, you can access the Google Docs portion of Google by clicking the
More dropdown menu, then Documents.
5. You are now ready to begin using Google Docs!
6. The Google Docs main screen appears. From here you can create new documents or simply
upload existing documents and edit them anywhere you have access to a computer with an