CITY OF ISSAQUAH
Positions in this classification are responsible for the general maintenance and clean up of
physical facilities. Duties include the routine and regular cleaning sanitizing, seeping
mopping and vacuuming of floors and the making of minor equipment and facility repairs.
Reports to: Facilities Services Superintendent
Independently performs work of a recurring and regular nature in accordance with
established and well-known policies, procedures, and practices. Progress of work is checked
and instruction is provided on accomplishing work involving unusual problems or the use of
Work is performed primarily indoors using cleaning chemicals that may be potentially
hazardous and requires moderate physical effort in using equipment and moving furniture
and other heavy items. May perform grounds maintenance work as directed. Utilizes any of
the equipment authorized and available to accomplish the work.
• Wet and dry mops floors. Vacuums, strips, waxes and buffs floors; operates power-
cleaning equipment, mechanical cleaners and polishers and mixes cleaning agents as
• Vacuums, spot-cleans and shampoos carpets; empties and cleans waste receptacles;
dusts, waxes, washes and polishes furniture, counters, woodwork, and metalwork.
• Cleans and washes windows, walls, windowsills and screens, as assigned. Cleans
rest rooms and replenishes supplies. Sweeps sidewalks and performs grounds
maintenance duties such as watering laws and plants, as required.
• Moves and arranges furniture and equipment as required. Sets up chairs and tables
for Council meetings as required. Turns out lights and locks doors and windows
upon completion of job duties.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
• Observes and reports to supervisor the need for repairs beyond the scope of this
classification. Makes minor, non-technical repairs such as replacing fluorescent